Conditions of Sale and Delivery Terms
These are the terms and conditions, which apply to the sale of wine and other products made to you via this website. By placing an order, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
1) Customers – Customers must be over 18 years old and be capable of entering into a contract. You must supply proof of age upon request.
2) Representation of Products – Our list is subject to stock remaining on hand and subject to duty, exchange and currency fluctuations. Palmers Wine Store reserves the right to alter without notice prices of products and conditions of sale before you place an order. Prices are quoted inclusive of VAT per bottle.
i) If any product is out of stock, we will substitute a similar item unless advised not to do so in the delivery instructions. Goods will remain the property of Palmers Wine Store.com until full payment is received.
3) Payment – We accept payment when ordering online by Maestro, Connect, Visa, Mastercard, Solo and Electron. We do not accept American Express. All online transactions must be paid for at the time of purchase. We do not accept liability for any costs or losses incurred or sustained by customers who transmit there credit card details.
4) Delivery – Orders to the value of £90 or more to be delivered to one address are free to mainland UK (Except the Highlands of Scotland). For smaller orders please add £8.95 per address. Please enquire for delivery charges to Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Isles, Northern Ireland and the Islands of Scotland.
i) Orders are usually dispatched within 24 hour of receipt. Delivery is usually within 72 hours but please allow 7 days. (Subject to events that are beyond are reasonable control.)
ii) We operate a signature service on all deliveries. Goods can be left unsigned but this MUST be specified on your delivery instructions.
5) Returns Policy – Goods must be examined and breakages notified by email or letter within 3 working days of delivery. Some of our products are fragile and while every care will be taken to deliver the goods safely, inevitably some breakages may occur. In this event we will replace the damaged good or if you prefer give you a full refund. Please note all returned parcels must be sent back using recorded delivery. We will not accept responsibility for goods lost or damaged during their return or postal or other costs incurred whilst returning goods, unless the items were faulty wine supplied to you and a receipt of your postage costs is included.
6) We shall not be liable to pay compensation to you, other than a refund as stated. In particular, but without limitation, we shall not be liable to you for loss of profit, damage to goodwill or any indirect or consequent loss or damage arising out of any damage, defect, negligence or any other failing on our part unless a) you have expressly made us aware in writing of the nature and the extent of the damage or loss which may be suffered in such a situation and b) confirmed in writing that we accept liability for such matter.
7) Nothing in these terms shall limit any rights you may have as a customer which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall it exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
8) No permission is given in respect of the reproduction or use for commercial or detrimental purposes of any brand names, product names, designs and other materials shown on or connected with our website in which intellectual property rights subsist.
9) These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance to English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
10) Palmers Wine Store will apply with applicable UK data protection legislation, from time to time in force in respect of any personal information in respect to You gathered by Ourselves.
11) Although every effort is made to make our website secure, we will not be responsible for any loss privacy or financial loss incurred as a result of using the Palmers Wine Store.com site.
12) This is the website of Palmers Wine Store, registered office JC & RH Palmer Limited, The Old Brewery, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 4JA. Company Number 01233923. VAT Number 187 8092 17.